Thursday, September 1, 2011

21 Day Challenge: Statement Necklace & Remix #3


Plans: Work
Necklace: Simply Vera Wang, Kohls
Dress worn as a shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: New York & Company
Shoes: BCBGirls from Ross $20

I love statement necklaces so I had a couple to choose from today but this one looked best with my final remix outfit. I wore my grey dress again, this time as a shirt.  I also folded in my sleeves a little so it looked more like a tank top. This was my first time trying out the whole remix thing and I liked it for these 3 outfits. I don't know if I could do a full 30 day/ 30 item remix though. 
I think I would get bored with the same colors and separates. 

This skirt is one of my favorites, but after seeing this pic, I think I might need to hem it.  Not sure I'm ready to get out my sewing machine again though. I just recently made some little tissue holders and I was just very impatient with the whole rethreading and re-bobbin-ing. If not for those two things, I would really enjoy sewing. Especially with all the blog inspiration of refashioning thrift store finds, but  that's another hurdle to get over in itself.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I love your style- the colour combination with the statement necklace is perfect! I love wearing dresses as dresses, shirts and skirts- gives them a whole new feeling! Thanks for your sweet comment-now following.

Sam said...

Love this combination. I definitely agree the skirt would look better hemmed, but it does look pretty awesome on you now! And I'm astounded that your shirt is a dress, I just look through your other posts. Way to remix it up!

http://mygrowingobsesssions.blogspot.com

greengirl said...

Elegant! Yes, hem the skirt just a tad...