T-shirt Necklace: Handmade by me!
So my fix it project is the t-shirt necklace. It started off as one of my favorite t-shirts, but before I got to use it a lot, it got black stains on it. I held on to it, on the off chance I'd feel adventurous enough to explore the rit-dye world. Thank goodness I found t-shirt necklace tutorials on pinterest! I was inspired!
Here is my version:
1) First you need a cotton t-shirt, preferably not ribbed, but I haven't tried it out myself.
2) Cut off the bottom seam (you can save it for another project or even use it to tie your necklace together later).
3) Cut a one-inch strip first and then pull the strip until it curls up. Based on this strip, you can figure out whether or not you like the width of the strip. If it's too wide, cut the rest of your strips thinner.
4) Cut the rest of the strips. Be a perfectionist and measure or just eyeball it (like I do) and cut the rest of the strips all the way up to the sleeves.
5) Pull & Curl
5) Make the necklace: Cut one strip to tie all the rings together. Variation: I picked out some of the stained strips, cut it and braided it together so I could hide the black stains.
And you're done! New cute accessory!
Just linked up to:
(This post was pinned!)