Thursday, December 8, 2011

Open to Interpretation: Nautical


Sweater: Macy's, old school
Shirt: H & M $3
Skirt: American Apparel $6
Boots: Mervyns, ancient history
Purse: Michael Kors, gifted from mr. shopfreak

I wore this outfit, just to take part in Freckles in April "Open to Interpretation" challenge.  

Here's the inspiration photo: 


 I wish this outfit was already laundered so I could rewear it and bring the outfit up a notch. I'll be sure to repost again when I get a chance to wear my intended outfit. Maybe next time I can force myself to take pictures early enough so that the sun is out.  How much does the picture quality affect your decision to  return to fashion blogs? I have to admit, I tend to be a little snobby in this respect.  Not that you can tell from my choice of pictures though :)


11 comments:

Amy @ Amy Day to Day said...

You are so pretty and I love your take on this look with the striped shirt and chunky cardigan. Thanks for joining in with us!

Erica said...

I know what you mean - the early darkness has totally thrown off my outfit photo schedule. It's hard to wake up early enough to take them.

Even with the night shots, you look fabulous! I love how you made it more nautical! Thanks for participating!

North Meets South

Preethi said...

That red skirt is adorable!

And I completely agree on the early shots - my husband goes into work at 6am, so it's dark then, and gets home around 4:30-5, at which point it is dark AGAIN.

preethi
lace, etc.

Unknown said...

great outfit !!!! like red and white!
Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
http://keepintouchwithfashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I love this.

merrick
merricksart

Kayla Moncur said...

I would wear this every day. You look amazing!

Kayla
Freckles in April

Unknown said...

great smile

xo

dawn

http://sassybagblogettes.blogspot.com

Megan said...

I love your interpretation! and I love love your skirt!! so so cute!!

thank you for your super kind comment on my blog!! you are so incredibly nice and it means so much to me! I hope you are having a good day :)

Claire said...

i love your take on this look! i have to say i do really appreciate the quality of peoples' pictures though mine are probably not always the best :)

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Kati said...

I love your red skirt! I will have to add that to my Christmas list. You look amazing!

greengirl said...

Yes, photo quality is everything! But I'm biased. That said, these nighttime shots still look good. This outfit is another one of my favorites! I love how you wore this sweater in an earlier post and it was a completely different look!