Monday, April 30, 2012

Hecho en Mexico


Skirt: Bought in Mexico
Shirt: JCPenney, old
Necklace: Kohls, old

When I was on vacation in Hawaii, back in high school, I remember over-hearing how a fellow traveler buys herself some jewelry as her souvenir whenever she goes on vacation.  I thought it was a great idea, but knew I would probably tailor it to my deal-seeking outlook. On our first few vacations, mr. shopfreak and I brought back some tribal art for our home, but we kinda forgot about that tradition after awhile. 

On our last big vacation to Mexico, I brought this skirt back. So it's not entirely something that I wouldn't find here, but I love that it brings me back to that vacation 
whenever I wear it. 

What type of souvenirs do you buy on vacation? 

(Found a new challenge to participate in at #StyleMeMay
This one is for "makes me want to twirl")

5 comments:

Sweetened Style said...

I love that purple on you; so flattering! :-)

I too, love to buy jewelry on vacation. It's "useful"...I love to wear it as a reminder of my trip!

Fitness By Alicia said...

I try to pick up jewelry when I am on vacation (if it is a big trip) even if it is some cheap jewelry. Love the color of your skirt!

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

such a great color!

rezel said...

I also buy jewelry on vacation especially if it's over seas. It doesn't take up space and doesn't weigh much plus I love finding handmade or vintage finds. I love the color of your skirt.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I usually try to buy jewelry when I'm on vacay too! Love your necklace!