Sunday, August 10, 2014

Scarf: 2 ways

Necklace: Fallas $1
Tank: ? 
Skirt: American Apparel $6

 I've seen a few outfits and a video of this idea of wearing a scarf like a vest, but it wasn't until I saw a store display that I wanted to try it out for myself. I asked a store associate for a reminder tutorial and had to try it when I received this watercolor scarf 
from Bangles of Bombay. I love the multicolor print and how light and airy this scarf is so I can wear it year-round. It's big enough that I'll be able to use it as a sarong and more traditionally as a neck scarf in other seasons. I have to say that I like this look the best and will have to try it with other scarves in the future.

Scarf as Headband: Purple Indian Silk Scarf $25 c/o Bangles of Bombay
Dress: Loft, $5 old 

With the Indian Silk Scarf, I went for another untraditional look by using it as a head scarf. Since it is silk, it is so soft and could be tightened easily around my head. 
The purple is so pretty and went well with my bracelets. Thank you Bangles of Bombay! 




Here's the bangles I wore with the Watercolor Scarf:



(I received complimentary product from 
 but all opinions are my own. 

Posting this outfit to these Fashion link-ups :)

4 comments:

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Pretty as always.

shopfreak said...

Thank you! You are too sweet!

Abby said...

I love scarves! I really love them on dresses, so I love the scarf with your white summer dress :)

By the way, I just updated my blog with a new post. I'd love for you to check it out :)

xo,
Abby
http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Highland Fashionista said...

Love that white dress, lovely on you!